It is said that eyelash extensions is a great investment because it can improve your appearance and make your eyes bright. You can say goodbye to mascara and lash curler. There are different styles to choose from - the classic Eyelash Extension can create a delicate eye black shape, or a more dramatic curling shape.
Eyelash extensions can cost anywhere between $100 to $500 depending on a range of factors, like the type of lashes you want and your lash tech’s expertise. That’s a big range, but don’t let the high price turn you away.
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent fibers that are attached to your natural eyelashes in order to make your lash fringe look longer, fuller, and darker. Individual lash extensions are applied to each of your individual natural eyelashes (one extension per natural eyelash) using a semi-permanent glue.
What factors influence the cost of eyelash extensions?
The cost of a lash extension appointment varies based on things like your lash tech’s experience, the type of lash extensions and style you want, and even the perks you get in the salon.
Below are common factors that impact lash extension prices:
- The style you choose – it is different for classic, volume, mega volume, hybrid and other styles some salons offer.
- The duration of the treatment– the full set of eyelash extensions usually takes around 2h to complete, but if you choose a half-set, it will be done more quickly and charged less.
- The material –eyelash extensions can be made of natural materials (such as mink and sable) and synthetic ones (faux mink, silk etc). Natural materials are more expensive.
- The expertise of the lash technician– if the salon/lash tech is popular, the price will be higher. In some salons you can choose the lash tech – whether you want service by a master technician or an apprentice, so the price depends on that too.
- Appointment length– since longer times results in higher cost
- Removal appointments– to professionally take off your lashes can cost between $25 and $50
Pricing structures can also vary. Some lash techs charge by the hour, by the lash, or the amount of work needed to apply your lashes. You can save money by joining your salon’s loyalty program if they have one. Beauty schools and lower-end salons may also offer affordable prices.
How Much Do Eyelash Extensions Cost?
Since it's truly a customizable experience, the total cost of your extensions depends on a few different variables. According to celebrity eyelash and brow expert and founder of Eye Design New York Nadia Afanaseva, the price of lash extensions can range anywhere from $200 to $500.
"At Eye Design New York we have multiple levels of technicians," Afanaseva tells InStyle. "[It depends] on experience and speed of the procedure performed, as well as the style of lashes the client would prefer."
Generally, the more detailed look you want, the more expensive your bill will be. Eye Design New York even provides a signature style, called the "Kim's effect," which will cost you about $500 if you book with a top-level technician.
Then, there are the maintenance fees.
"The most common add-on service for lash artists is cleaning off makeup or unclean lashes," Lindsay Ford, the marketing manager of Bella Lash, says. "A lash artist normally charges their time to clean your lashes, as they cannot apply extensions to dirty or makeup-covered lashes."
According to Afanaseva, her salon does not charge extra for maintenance, only for refills, which last about two weeks. But she says there are some tricks to make your extensions last a bit longer.
"No sleeping on your face, no oil base products on extension, and no rubbing of the eyes," she says. "Some of our clients may wear them for at least 2 months.
How Do I Choose an Eyelash Extensions Salon Based on the Price?
Most importantly, eyelash technicians are certified and work in sterile conditions. In addition, it is important that they use quality materials.
Choosing a beauty salon with an average price is a good starting point. But it is more important to study the technology and view their online reviews and websites/Instagram pages.
(picture from rai_lash.b)